Jun 01, 2020
MCC offers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hotel Management with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Restaurant & Food Industry Management in partnership with Ferris State University (FSU). The program prepares students for management in all areas including sales and marketing, rooms division, food and beverage divisions, facilities operations and more. Both degrees are awarded by FSU.
General Education Requirements
To be admitted to this degree program, either a completed Associate degree or at least 48 transferable semester credit hours (“C” or better on 4.0 scale) from an accredited college or university with a 2.35 overall GPA and credit for, or placement into, ENGL 100 or MATH 104 are required. Official transcripts from all accredited colleges/universities must be submitted with the FSU application.
Delivered by Montcalm Community College
Total MCC Credits: 61-62
* These transfer credits are satisfied with the MACRAO Stamp.
NOTE: Must satisfy Global Consciousness and Race, Ethnicity, Gender requirements if the MACRAO Stamp is not completed.
Delivered by Ferris State University
- RFIM 101 - Orientation to Hospitality Mgmt 1 credit
- RFIM 113 - Sanitation and Safety 3 credit
- RFIM 115 - Food & labor Cost Control System 3 credit
- RFIM 207 - Beverage Mgmt 3 credit
- RFIM 211 - Purchasing: Hospitality Industry 3 credit
- RFIM 227 - Industry Exploration 3 credit
- RFIM 292 - Rest & Food Industry Internship 3 credit
- HOMT 392 - Hotel Management Internship 3 credit
- HOMT 499 - Hospitality Policies and Issues 3 credit
- FINC 322 - Financial Management 3 credit
- ISYS 321 - Business Information Systems 3 credit
- BLAW 321 - Contracts & Sales 3 credit
- MGMT 370 - Quality/Operations Management 3 credit
- BUSN 499 - Interdisciplinary Integrating Experience 3 credit
- ENGL 325 - Advanced Business Writing 3 credit
Choose 3 Courses Below: 9
- RFIM 111 - Principles of Food Science 3 credit
- RFIM 114 - Menu Planning/Nutrition 3 credit
- RFIM 127 - Principles of Cooking & Baking 3 credit
- RFIM 214 - Design/Layout of Food Serv. Fac. 3 credit
- RFIM 226 - World Cuisines 3 credit
- RFIM 229 - Dining Room Service Management 3 credit
Choose 3 Courses Below: 9
- HOMT 301 - Property-Facilities Management
- HOMT 305 - Convention and Meeting Sales
- HOMT 403 - Hospitality Law or Front Office
- HOMT 404 - Procedures/Accounting
- HOMT 405 - Resort/Recreation Mgmt.&Tourism
- HOMT 401 - Special Event Planning
Credits Required For Degree 122-127
Contact Information: Ferris Statewide, (231) 591-2340 or 800-562-9130 or
FerrisStatewide@ferris.edu or www.ferris.edu/statewide
This program and the Ferris courses are offered to students of Montcalm Community College at the following locations:
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
- Select courses delivered online and/or in a mixed delivery format (i.e. a mix of online and face-to-face instruction)
Advising Notes: It is recommended that potential applicant meet with an advisor to review the program and course schedule and have any questions answered prior to completing an application. Students completing the MACRAO Stamp may have different general education courses requirements. Meeting with a Ferris advisor prior to the selection of any electives or general education classes shown above could reduce the chance of completing a course that will not transfer. Once admitted, students continue to meet with an advisor as they work towards graduation.
Disclaimer: This is a guide for students who plan to transfer to Ferris State University. This guide is not intended to be a contract with Ferris. The information on this guide is subject to change. Students should contact Ferris to keep informed of changes. Final responsibility for verifying all transfer information lies with the student.