AHEA 103 - Long Term Care Nurse Assistant
4.25 Credit: (2.5 lecture, 1.5 lab, 2 clinical) 6 Contact Hours: [Reading Level 1 and Background Check Required ] [Required to provide proof of a current TB test, Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR, tetanus and influenza immunization records (positive titers verifying proof of immunity to Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR will be acceptable in place of proof of vacinations.)]
This course will provide an individual with the knowledge and skills required to provide basic patient care appropriately and safely. Upon successful completion of the course and state competency exam the student can seek employment in Acute, Extended, or Home Care Facilities.
OFFERED: every semester
Health Requirements dictated by clinical agencies.
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Have the knowledge necessary to be eligible for the State Competency Evaluation (CENA).
- Form a relationship, communicate and interact competently on a one-to-one basis with the residents.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to residents’ emotional, social, and mental health needs through skillful, directed interactions.
- Assist residents in attaining and maintaining functional independence.
- Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of residents’ rights.
- Demonstrate observational and documenting skills needed in the assessment of residents’ health, physical condition and well-being.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)