CHNS 131 - Elementary Mandarin Chinese II
4 Credit: (4 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 4 Contact Hours: [CHNS 130 ]
This continuation of CHNS 130 and stresses oral and written expression, aural comprehension, and cultural contexts.
OFFERED: odd-year spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Engage in intermediate Mandarin Chinese language skills (speak, read, and write).
- Engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, and exchange opinions in Mandarin Chinese.
Goal 2: Demonstrate correct intermediate usage of vocabulary in meaningful and relevant contexts.
- Compare contextual contexts.
- Use correct vocabulary for context when writing Mandarin.
- Use correct vocabulary when speaking Mandarin.
Goal 3: Demonstrate correct use of intermediate grammar in Mandarin.
- Identify contexts from listening.
- Identify contexts from reading.
- Identify contexts from speaking.
- Identify correct grammatical use when listening to Mandarin.
- Identify correct grammatical use when reading Mandarin.
- Identify correct grammatical use when speaking Mandarin.
Goal 4: Examine Chinese culture.
- Compare cultures within China.
- Compare the Chinese culture to other cultures.
- Examine the role Mandarin plays in the Chinese culture.
- Examine the importance of China in today’s world.
- Examine the importance of Mandarin in today’s world.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)