CMIS 153 - Microsoft Outlook
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 open-lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours:
During this course students will work with the following features of Outlook: electronic mail, calendar and appointments, contacts, tasks, notes, and customization of the Outlook environment. This course provides preparation for the Microsoft Outlook Specialist Exam.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Manage email messages.
- Compose and send email messages.
- Organize message using folders.
Goal 2: Manipulate Calendars.
- Creating and editing appointments
- Configure the Outlook calendar.
- Managing events and meetings.
Goal 3: Manage Contacts and Personal Contact Information
- Create and modify contacts.
- Demonstrate the creation and modification of contact groups.
Goal 4: Create and Manage Tasks with Outlook.
- Create and assign a task.
- Set task reminders.
Goal 5: Customize the Outlook Environment.
- Enhance email messages using quick parts, signatures, and themes.
- Execute search folders.
- Manage junk email.
- Manipulate incoming mail using rules.
- Customize calendar settings.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)