CMIS 256 - Microsoft Word II
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 open-lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours: [Pre- or co-requisite: CMIS 156 ]
This course provides intermediate instruction in Microsoft Word. Students will create documents with charts, tables, special formats, and styles. In addition, students will be introduced to Microsoft Word’s document markup tools.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Enhance Microsoft Word documents by applying styles and themes.
- Apply styles to documents.
- Create new styles.
- Apply a theme to a document.
- Customize a theme.
Goal 2: Construct Microsoft Word documents with charts.
- Create a chart.
- Format a chart.
Goal 3: Create Microsoft Word documents with advanced table features.
- Create and apply a custom table style.
- Modify table properties.
Goal 4: Create a document by using building blocks.
- Create a custom building block.
- Use the building blocks organizer to view, edit, and move building blocks.
Goal 5: Manage document changes by using markup tools.
- Create comments in a document.
- Set tracking and markup options.
- Combine documents and resolve conflicts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)