AGRI 280 - Experiential Learning in Agriculture
1-6 (variable) Credit: (0 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) [Instructor Permission ]
This variable credit course is for projects or internships in the agricultural field (special project, work in crop, animal or agribusiness area, etc.) under the direction of a faculty member or ag science instructor at the career center. Record keeping, understanding or experience of specific business or industry practices in the particular area and analysis of the experience must be demonstrated by oral or written presentation and credit will be awarded upon completion and advisor/advisory committee approval.
OFFERED: as needed
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Demonstrate knowledge and/or skills obtained from professional experience in an agricultural field.
- Describe basic equipment and skills used in the chosen industry.
- Explain how records are kept for the chosen industry.
- Describe the challenges the chosen industry faces.
- Demonstrate “hands on” skills used or learned during this project/internship.
- Present a detailed explanation of the project/internship in written or oral form to advisor or advisory committee.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)