ARTS 275 - Portfolio
3 Credit: (3 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours: [DART 210 and DART 220 ]
In this capstone course, students will develop and assemble their best work into a cohesive, relevant presentation format for the purpose of securing career-oriented employment or preparing for the college transfer process. Students will explore related media technologies in the construction of their digital portfolios, with an emphasis on thematic development, form to content, creative resumes, letter-writing, and self-promotion, while focus on matching individual presentations to specific career goals. As the final course outcome, students will build their own digital portfolio or website that acts as an individual portfolio presentation.
OFFERED: spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Construct a professional resume & portfolio.
- Assemble their best work into a cohesive digital presentation designed for obtaining. employment in their chosen discipline - OR - assist in the college transfer process.
- Compose and format a professional resume, cover letter, and/or letter of intent specific to their discipline.
Goal 2: Acquire interviewing abilities.
- Summarize professional interviewing skills.
- Participate and interact in a practice interview scenario.
Goal 3: Demonstrate knowledge of self-marketing & promotion.
- Explain artists tools of promotion.
- Explain the role marketing has in the field of art and design.
- Develop a plan of action for seeking employment and/or marketing their work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)