The rates below are current at publication and are subject to change. Refer to www.montcalm.edu/tuition for current tuition and fees. Residency status is based on the taxing district in which you reside. Tuition is based on the residency status of the student.
MCC District Residents
||$96 per credit hour
Residents of the MCC district have lived in the Carson City-Crystal, Central Montcalm, Greenville, Lakeview, Montabella, Tri County or Vestaburg public school district for at least six consecutive months prior to the last day of registration for the term for which the student is enrolled. Students are required to furnish proof of residency such as a driver’s license or tax receipts.
Michigan Non-District Residents
||$180 per credit hour
Non-district residents are those whose legal residence is established within the state of Michigan for a period of six consecutive months prior to the last day of registration for the term for which the student is enrolled. Students are required to furnish proof of residency such as a driver’s license or tax receipts.
|| $267 per credit hour
Out-of-state residents are U.S. citizens whose legal residence is established outside the state of Michigan for a period of six consecutive months prior to the last day of registration for the term for which the student is enrolled. Students should be prepared to provide proof of residency at each registration. Acceptable documentation includes a valid driver’s license, Michigan ID card, voter registration card, lease agreement in the student’s name, business mail such as utility bill or bank statement, in the student’s name.
|College Services Fee
|Contact (Lab) Fee*
||Same as per-credit-hour tuition
||See the class listings
*Some courses have lab or contact hours for which there is a Contact (Lab) Fee. In the semester course schedules these are shown in parentheses immediately following the credit hours.
Adults age 60 or older who live in the MCC district may take one credit course, per semester, tuition-free (limited to tuition and excess contact hour fees), subject to requirements currently in effect. Seniors using this scholarship will not receive a student ID card.
Military Personnel & Dependents
MCC offers in-state tuition for certain active-duty military students, spouses or their dependents. Contact Student Services or visit MCC’s website for additional information.
Tuition and fees are 100 percent refundable during the enrollment and drop period. No refunds of tuition or fees will be made for withdrawals after the end of the enrollment period.
Federal Refund Policy
For Students Receiving Title IV Aid
Students who receive any form of Federal Title IV Student Financial Aid and withdraw from ALL classes before completing 60 percent of the semester may be required to repay a prorated portion of the federal aid they received.
Payment of Tuition and Fees
- Tuition and fees are due by the posted semester due date. After the semester due date, the tuition and fees are due at the time of registration.
- The college accepts cash, check or Visa, Discover and MasterCard credit cards.
- Students who receive financial aid through the college will see the estimated amount applied to their student accounts after receiving an award notification. Any difference between the bill and financial aid is the responsibility of the student and can be paid using the credit terms listed below. No refunds will be granted after the drop deadline.
Payment Plan Information
This convenient, interest-free payment plan is made available to MCC students through Nelnet Business Solutions. The payment plan can be used to pay tuition and fees. By enrolling in the plan early, students can make payments for up to four months for the fall semester, up to five months for the spring semester and up to three months for summer semester. Students wishing to enroll in the payment plan must be registered for classes and enroll in the plan by the semester payment due date.
- Automatic bank payments (ACH) using a checking or savings account.
- Credit card/Debit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa or American Express).
Cost to Participate
- $25 enrollment fee per semester.
- $30 returned payment fee if a payment is returned for non-sufficient funds.
- If a credit/debit card is used, a convenience fee, in addition to the enrollment fee, will be assessed.
To set up a payment plan choose the “SET UP A PAYMENT PLAN” link on the student accounts page of MyMontcalm.