CRIM 105 - Physical Fitness for Criminal Justice
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours:
This course is designed to provide students with an understanding of physical fitness and its direct application to the criminal justice profession. The instructor will lead students through the various components of life-long fitness including physical fitness conditioning. This course is graded as pass/fail.
OFFERED: fall and spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Students will explore the various components of self-fitness.
- Identify stress management techniques.
- Identify the importance of maintaining positive mental health.
- Identify techniques to improve physical fitness.
- Practice techniques to improve physical fitness.
Goal 2: Students will explain the fitness requirements of various criminal justice professions.
- Identify the components of Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards physical fitness test.
- Identify the components of the Michigan Department of Corrections physical fitness test.
- Identify the components of the Michigan Sheriffs’ Coordinating and Training Council Physical Abilities Test.
[Add to Portfolio]