FREN 121 - Elementary French II
4 Credit: (4 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 4 Contact Hours: [FREN 120 ]
This continuation of FREN 120 stresses oral and written expression, aural comprehension, and their cultural contexts.
OFFERED: even-year spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Interact with instructor and peers by using French in the classroom.
- employ instructor commands in French.
- respond to the instructor and peers in French.
Goal 2: Correspond in French orally and in writing.
- express preferences.
- express thoughts.
- express opinions.
- give reasons.
- make excuses.
- give orders or commands.
- give advice.
- describe conditions.
- describe feelings.
- make hypotheses.
Goal 3: Demonstrate various verb tenses in French orally and in writing.
- describe past events.
- describe present events.
- describe future events.
Goal 4: Display use of proper French language and etiquette in public.
- read a map.
- give directions.
- order food in a French restaurant.
- interact with salespeople in French stores and markets.
- interact with clerks at banks, hotels, transport stations (bus, train, airport, etc.).
Goal 5: Articulate the use of French grammar (especially verb tenses).
- explain the meaning of grammatical terms.
- explain the concept and use of passé compose.
- explain the concept and use of imperfect.
- explain the concept and use of future.
- explain the concept and use of conditional.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)