CMIS 157 - Microsoft Excel I
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 open-lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours:
This course provides an introduction to Microsoft Excel. Students will create and edit worksheets and charts. Student will also be introducted to Excel formulas and functions.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Create and edit an Excel workbook.
- Enter data in a worksheet by utilizing AutoFill and keyboard shortcuts.
- Apply themes to a workbook.
Goal 2: Use Excel functions and commands.
- Construct and copy formulas.
- Use Excel functions.
Goal 3: Format worksheets.
- Format cells.
- Apply number formatting.
Goal 4: Create graphs and charts using data in Excel.
- Chart data to create multiple types of charts.
- Format charts.
- Analyze data with pie charts, line charts, and what-if analysis tools.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)