ARTS 122 - Drawing I
3 Credit: (1 lecture, 3 lab, 0 clinical) 4 Contact Hours:
This course includes instruction in the basic drawing techniques of contour, gesture, shading, proportion and perspective. Studio work provides drawing experiences using a variety of subjects and materials.
OFFERED: fall semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Demonstrate the importance of seeing.
- Create an accurate rendering of objects in space.
Goal 2: Differentiate the elements of design.
- Demonstrate creating a line.
- Demonstrate the use of color.
- Interpret value.
- Analyze shape and form.
- Demonstrate the use of space.
- Demonstrate the use of texture.
Goal 3: Differentiate the principles of design.
- Demonstrate balance.
- Demonstrate unity.
- Demonstrate contrast.
- Demonstrate emphasis.
- Demonstrate patterns.
- Apply movement.
- Apply rhythm.
Goal 4: Demonstrate the the application of perspectives.
- Apply linear perspectives.
- Apply atmospheric perspectives.
Goal 5: Solve creative drawing problems.
- Revise exisiting art works.
- Create new forms.
Goal 6: Critique art work.
- Demonstratre the use of stablished guidelines.
- Prepare critiques through oral communication.
- Prepare critiques through written communication.
Goal 7: Demonstrate professional presentation of artwork.
- Demonstrate matting.
- Demonstrate labeling.
- Demonstrate displaying finished art work.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)