CMIS 270 - Office Administration
4 Credit: (2 lecture, 2 lab, 0 clinical) 4 Contact Hours: [CMIS 115 , CMIS 124 , and CMIS 190 ]
This course emphasizes advanced-level office administration concepts needed in business and industry. Communications, information systems, presentation software, administrative support, human relations, time management, ethics, telecommunications, and professional development are stressed.
OFFERED: spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Apply the role and responsibilities of administrative professionals in business organizations.
- Employ office technology to effectively complete business-related tasks.
- Develop excellent customer service skills.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Facilitate meetings and conferences.
- Utilize workplace collaboration tools.
Goal 2: Develop effective verbal and nonverbal communication processes.
- Produce individual and group verbal presentations using presentation software.
- Model characteristics of a successful team member.
Goal 3: Conduct a job search.
- Compose effective cover letters.
- Design a suitable resume.
- Examine interview skills.
Goal 4: Exhibit leadership and effective leadership characteristics.
- Demonstrate traits of an ethical employee.
- Execute time and stress management techniques.
Goal 5: Detect basic IT troubleshooting in an office environment.
- Connect a printer.
- Use a webcam.
- Troubleshoot basic computer configuration problems.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)