CMIS 288 - Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
2 Credit: (0 lecture, 2 open-lab, 0 clinical) 2 Contact Hours: [Pre- or co-requisite: CMIS 159 ]
This course provides advanced instruction in Microsoft PowerPoint. Students will learn to use and manage the advanced features of PowerPoint including animation, charts, media, slide masters, custom slide shows, collaboration, and security.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Deliver a presentation.
- Apply and modify slide transitions.
- Apply custom animation effects.
- Create custom slide shows.
- Present and view a slide show.
Goal 2: Format presentations using tables and charts.
- Construct a table for a presentation.
- Modify a table.
- Create and modify charts.
- Create and apply a chart template.
- Apply animation to a chart.
Goal 3: Customize slide masters and presentations.
- Format slide backgrounds.
- Manage slide masters.
- Protect and secure a presentation.
Goal 4: Enhance presentations using advanced features.
- Create and format smartart graphics.
- Create hyperlinks and action buttons.
- Use collaboration features to manage and share presentations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)