ACCT 212 - Computerized Accounting
4 Credit: (4 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 4 Contact Hours: [ACCT 105 or ACCT 115 ]
This course covers the installation, set up, and operation of computerized accounting software, and will include general ledger, banking, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, payroll, job costing and various accounting reports.
OFFERED: fall semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Apply computer technology to the general ledger.
- Perform new company set up.
- Create a new chart of accounts.
- Record general journal transactions.
- Print financial statements.
Goal 2: Apply computer technology to accounts receivable.
- Maintain customer ledger.
- Maintain customer invoices.
- Print accounts receivable reports.
- Analyze accounts receivable reports.
Goal 3: Apply computer technology to accounts payable.
- Maintain vendor ledger.
- Maintain vendor invoices.
- Print accounts payable reports.
- Analyze accounts payable reports.
Goal 4: Apply computer technology to inventory.
- Maintain the inventory ledger.
- Print inventory reports.
- Analyze inventory reports.
Goal 5: Apply computer technology to payroll.
- Maintain the payroll ledger.
- Calculate payroll.
- Print payroll checks.
- Analyze payroll reports.
Goal 6: Apply computer technology to banking activities.
- Print checks.
- Print banking activity reports.
- Perform computerized bank reconciliation.
Goal 7: Employ the use of spreadsheet software in concert with accounting applications.
- Export data from computerized accounting applications to spreadsheets.
- Perform financial analysis utilizing spreadsheet software.
- Print reports using spreadsheet software.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)