BUSN 200 - Legal Environment of Business
3 Credit: (3 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours: [Reading Level 3 and Writing Level 3 ]
This course is an introduction to the legal system and the common body of knowledge as it relates to the environment of business, and emphasizes business relations with society and government.
OFFERED: fall and spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Explain contract laws.
- Examine the nature and classes of contracts.
- Examine the agreement requirements of a contract.
- Examine the concepts of capacity and genuine assent.
- Examine consideration for contracts.
Goal 2: Explain property laws.
- Examine real property law.
- Examine personal property law.
- Examine intellectual property law.
Goal 3: Explain consumer protection laws.
- Examine Tort law.
- Examine warranty law.
- Examine product liability law.
- Examine consumer protection mechanisms.
- Examine bankruptcy law.
Goal 4: Explain agency and employment law.
- Examine agency creation.
- Examine agency termination.
- Examine the principal and agent relationship.
- Examine current employment laws.
Goal 5: Explain forms of business organization.
- Examine the Sole Proprietorship.
- Examine Partnerships.
- Examine the Limited Liability Company.
- Examine S Corporations.
- Examine C Corporations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)