CMIS 158 - Microsoft Access I
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 open-lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours:
This course provides an introduction to Microsoft Access. Students will design, create, and manipulate databases and database objects.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Create a database using Microsoft Access.
- Apply good design techniques to plan a database.
- Create a table and define fields.
- Use a template to create a database.
Goal 2: Create database objects.
- Create and use queries.
- Create and use forms.
- Create and use reports.
Goal 3: Perform database maintenance.
- Add, change, and delete records.
- Specify validation rules, default values, and formats.
- Use queries to update and delete records.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)