CMIS 284 - Document Production III
2 Credit: (0 lecture, 2 open-lab, 0 clinical) 2 Contact Hours: [Pre- or co-requisite: CMIS 206 ]
This course emphasizes improving keyboarding speed and accuracy through the preparation of documents in a medical and legal environment. Additional topics explored include designing forms, publications, and webpages.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Operate the entire keyboard by touch.
- Key a minimum of 45 net words per minute on a 3-minute timed writing with no more than 5 errors.
- Apply keyboarding skills in business documents.
Goal 2: Employ appropriate formatting techniques when creating medical and legal documents.
- Apply correct formatting to medical office documents.
- Use correct formatting when preparing legal documents.
Goal 3: Construct office forms and online documents.
- Design newsletters, cover pages, and flyers.
- Create templates.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)