CNET 163 - Windows Server 1
3 Credit: (2 lecture, 1 lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours: [CSTC 171 ]
This hands-on course introduces students to the concepts, principles and skills necessary to become network managers. Students successfully completing this course are competent in the skills necessary to install, manage and troubleshoot network management systems. While a specific networking system is utilized, the skills acquired are transportable to a variety of network management systems.
OFFERED: fall semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Set-up a network server.
- Install server operating system.
- Configure server using management consoles.
- Optimize server file storage.
Goal 2: Manage a server environment.
- Configure users.
- Configure groups.
- Configure policies.
- Configure shared network resources.
- Install roaming profiles.
- Install terminal services.
- Install Internet Information Services (IIS).
Goal 3: Maintain a server environment.
- Perform data backups.
- Monitor system operations.
- Monitor data storage activity.
- Monitor Internet activity.
- Use remote monitoring.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)