ECDV 200 - CDA: The Credentialing Process
2 Credit: (2 lecture, 0 lab, 0 clinical) 2 Contact Hours: [ECDV 120 ][Pre- or co-requisite: ECDV 150 ]
This class is intended for students planning to obtain a Child Development Credential (CDA) through the CDA National Credentialing Program. This course should be taken at the end of a student’s program.
OFFERED: fall semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Demonstrate an understanding of the CDA credentialing process.
- Explain the required prerequisites for the CDA credentialing process.
- Compare the required training/education areas.
- Explain the criteria needed in Michigan to direct or teach a preschool program.
- Explain the roles of candidate, advisor, and the Council for Professional Recognition in the CDA credentialing process.
Goal 2: Compile and document relevant experience and training needed for the CDA.
- Write required competency statements and educational philosophy.
- Summarize and organize documentation of relevant training hours.
- Gather resource collection and assemble portfolio.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)