BUSN 271 - Study Abroad: Business
3 Credit: (1 lecture, 2 lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours:
This short-term study abroad course allows students to experience other countries, developing a sense of diversity, cultural perspective, and regional awareness. Prior to departure, students will engage in general and discipline specific preparation. BUSN 271 students will examine the global business environment within a cultural context. Students will explore differences and commonalities between the United States and country(ies) visited through observation and participation in structured activities while in the host country. Upon returning, students will reflect on the impact and value of the study abroad experience.
OFFERED: summer semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Demonstrate knowledge of the host country.
- Define shared components of cultures.
- Recognize the various aspects of host country’s values.
- Examine subcultures of the host country.
- Explain the influence of culture on human behavior and communication.
Goal 2: Engage as a global citizen.
- Participate in various cultural activities.
- Describe differences and commonalities.
- Demonstrate appreciation of the host country’s life ways.
Goal 3: Relate study abroad experience into one’s personal and professional life.
- Articulate the value of study abroad experience.
- Reflect on one’s own cultural identity.
- Express the impact on your world view.
Goal 4: Demonstrate a broad understanding of the global business environment.
- Examine global business practices.
- Articulate an understanding of how national cultures affect business practices.
- Compare and contrast various business strategies observed during this experience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)