AGRI 121 - Introduction to Animal Science Lab
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 2 lab, 0 clinical) 2 Contact Hours: [AGRI 120 ]
Labs include several field trips to explore different types of production and industries in the local area. Students will handle animals, animal equipment and/or watch demonstrations with animals. Travel is required, as is proper attire and behavior at site locations.
OFFERED: spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Acquire “hands-on” experience working with livestock and companion animals.
- Participate in site-visits or animal demonstrations.
- Discuss difference in animal behavior and handling of each type of animal.
- Identify animal-specific equipment within each industry.
- Use available animal-specific equipment at various animal sites (or view it being used).
- Compare different types of equipment and technology required in various production systems in the animal industry.
- Describe the manure handling systems required for production animals.
- Describe required biosafety requirements and concerns in animal production systems.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)