INDS 107 - Hydraulics
3 Credit: (1 lecture, 2 open lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours: [ATMN 110 ]
This course introduces hydraulic fluid power systems, including maintenance and troubleshooting concepts. The characteristics and dangers of using different fluids as power forces are explored. Hydraulic system components are studied including pumps, actuators, hoses, and tubing. Hands-on activities using various hydraulic components are assembled in the lab.
OFFERED: fall and spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Understand hydraulic system operations.
- Adhere to hydraulic system safety rules.
- Understand hydraulic pressure and flow concepts.
- Demonstrate valve operations.
Goal 2: Understand hydraulic system maintenance.
- Service Hydraulic filters and fluids.
- Replace fittings, seals, hoses, and tubing.
- Replace hydraulic components.
Goal 3: Demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic pumps.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic actuators and valves.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic circuits.
Goal 4: Demonstrate the skills to earn Industry certification.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)