INDS 131 - Basic CNC Machining
3 Credit: (1 lecture, 2 lab, 0 clinical) 3 Contact Hours: [INDS 129 ]
This course provides students the necessary concepts required for programming Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) equipment. Students will learn Fanuc style M&G codes for their programs.
OFFERED: spring semesters
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Describe Safe Practices related to CNC machining.
- Identify unsafe work conditions in a machine shop.
- Demonstrate safe work habits in a machine shop.
Goal 2: Identify advantages, disadvantages, and applications of NC and CNC machine tools.
- Identify advantages of CNC machine tools over manual machine tools.
- Exercise appropriate choice of manual or CNC machine tools.
Goal 3: Identify basic miscellaneous (m) and preparatory (g) functions.
- Apply m and g code functions for proper machine operation.
Goal 4: Manually program a Fanuc Controller to simulate tool path on a machine tool.
- Properly apply g and m code functions to properly fabricate a part on the machine tool.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)