The Digital Arts Associate of Applied Science degree prepares students to work as a commercial artist while working towards creating their own multi-media up-start. Students will gain real-world experiences that will allow them to be competitive in today’s growing global media marketplace. Students will learn how to create and manipulate digital media with today’s leading photography and design software. Upon successful completion of this program, students will have a basic understanding of business planning and will have created a professional portfolio.
Upon completion of this program [CIP: 50.0605], graduates should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of commercial photography.
- Demonstrate the manipulation of digital images.
- Understand the fundamentals of graphic design.
- Demonstrate the use of editing and design software.
- Create a commercial art business plan and portfolio.
Prerequisite courses may apply to this program. A minimum of 60 unduplicated credits (100 level or higher) are required for all associate degree programs.
Completion Time: 5 semesters
Academic Advising: You should meet with an academic counselor prior to registering for classes.