This program is for students interested in robotics and their use in industrial settings. Students will learn concepts of electricity, programmable logic controllers, motors, hydraulics, robotics, and the integration of robotic systems.
Upon completion of this program [CIP: 15.0405], graduates should be able to:
- demonstrate electrical and electronic concepts.
- demonstrate use of hydraulic and pneumatics.
- design PLC ladder logic.
- incorporate the use of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- explain the use of robotic systems.
- discuss the use of Industrial networks.
- conduct Maintenance on Automation equipment.
- integrate Industrial Automation equipment into a production cell.
Prerequisite courses may apply to this program. A minimum of 60 unduplicated credits (100 level or higher) are required for all associate degree programs.
Completion Time: 5 semesters
Academic Advising: You should meet with an academic counselor prior to registering for classes.