CMIS 258 - Microsoft Access II
1 Credit: (0 lecture, 1 open-lab, 0 clinical) 1 Contact Hours: [Pre- or co-requisite: CMIS 158 ]
This course provides experience using intermediate features of Microsoft Access. Students will create, manipulate, and manage databases and database objects.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Enhance Microsoft Access table objects.
- Modify existing tables.
- Create a lookup field.
- Manage field properties.
Goal 2: Enhance Microsoft Access query objects.
- Create calculated fields in a query.
- Create a crosstab query.
- Construct a make table query.
- Create an append query.
Goal 3: Customize forms and reports.
- Create a form in design view.
- Format a form.
- Make a form user friendly.
- Create a report in design view.
- Add controls to a report.
- Group, sort, and total records.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)