CMIS 287 - Microsoft Access III
2 Credit: (0 lecture, 2 open-lab, 0 clinical) 2 Contact Hours: [Pre- or co-requisite: CMIS 258 ]
This course provides advanced instruction in Microsoft Access. Students will create advanced reports and queries, design macros, and explore integration with other programs.
OFFERED: every semester
Course Goals/ Objectives/ Competencies:
Goal 1: Create advanced forms and reports.
- Create a split form.
- Create a subform.
- Create and modify a subreport.
Goal 2: Manage macros.
- Create a standalone macro with one action.
- Add multiple actions to a macro.
- Create a macro group.
Goal 3: Integrate access with other applications.
- Import data from other applications.
- Export data to other applications.
Goal 4: Administer databases.
- Create a navigation form.
- Encrypt and decrypt databases.
- Use the database splitter.
Goal 5: Compose SQL statements.
- Modify a query in SQL view.
- Create a query in SQL view.
- Create calculated fields and SQL aggregate functions.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)